Thursday, 15 February 2007

Tip toe through the tulips

I'm always on the lookout for unusual or ultra gorgeous varieties of tulips. I was devastated last year when I found that they just stopped appearing in the flower stalls, oh no, they have a season!!! So this year I'm making the most of the tulip season and brightening up our little living room every week with a different colour. A dutch friend had a tip to put the tulips into warm water and they do seem quite perky when I do that.

Coming back from my exam the other day, I walked by the lovely flower stall near Holborn tube station, there were sooooooo many colours of tulips there and I was very tempted. But N (the other half) said he was going to get me flowers so I decided against it, we only have two vases after all ;)

But after lunch with N, we walked by another flower stall and I decided to buy them on the spot! So these are the lovely tulips I bought, quite usual looking in that its a darker purple at the edges but a lovely pale purple for the rest of the flower. There was a small window of sunshine and I managed to take a slighly blurry pic

No comments: