Saturday, 7 April 2007

Marketing

At the crack of 8am I got up and got ready for a morning at the Borough Markets in London Bridge. I've decided that I want to make the most of these markets as I live relatively close to them - well.... about 20 mins on the tube with one line change, if all things went well. I had a handy backpack (borrowed from N) to help sherpa back my purchases, I tend to go mad at markets sometimes. I wish I had access to a car but alas, inner London isn't made for many cars.

It was relatively quiet when I got there but boy had the crowds surged in when I was leaving, at about 10.30am. I scurried around getting the veges first (oh my kingdom for tomatoes that smell like tomatoes!) then beat off the masses to get to the front of the fish market queue - 35 quid later, got me a mofo bag of prawns, some giant prawns and red mullet fillets.

Here's my vege & baked good haul (oh look, its sunlight !!!!):


Had a brownie stick and the orange/almond cake with a cuppa rooibos for morning tea, yumm0!

No comments: