Wednesday, 23 May 2007

Home sweet home

So I've been looking into the flatshare business recently and its just plain hard! I've decided to try central areas and pay more; I've seen two places so far but I'm sure if there's enough of a fit with either of these.

First flat
  • Good location on a side street behind Angel tube (quiet but close)
  • Girl was really nice, early 20's, semi-posh
  • Her folks are helping with the rent (mainly for her share of the flat) and so they have reduced the cost of the second room slightly too
  • Con #1 - flat is in an ex-council bldg and the flat decor was really dated (think 70's wooden kitchen for one thing and old bathroom)
  • Con#2 - even with discount, cost of the room is still too high for what I was getting (smallish double)
  • Con#3 - building stank of cooking smells (no vetilation?) and smelt like a chippie
Second flat
  • Good location, near Angel tube too and on the opposite side to the first - set in a quiet square which is off a main street
  • Room is a good size for a double and flat is set over two floors so it feels spacious overall
  • A bit of refurb has been done because the girl (semi-posh too) owns the flat with her sister, bathroom is nice
  • Flat full of natural light, looks v.nice
  • Con#1 - her sister will be back in about 6 months and will most likely want the room back
  • Con#2 - she works in media/radio and is mid-20's, so parties a lot and will bring back parties to the flat

The search continues! Stay tuned..

2 comments:

reenie said...

How on earth is Con#2 really a con?!? Hunny, you're here in London to lead a lifestyle you would never have had in Sydnery. If only you came partying with us last Friday...

niffs said...

Con#2 a con cos the party continues at -home- a few times a week, I need to work woman!