Saturday, 9 June 2007

Moving on..

The funeral was on Friday in a little village near Brighton, I think his parents live there now. It's a lovely area of Britain, in fact it looked to be the quintessential English village; narrow rambly roads, rose and ivy covered houses, old folk :D .....The sun came out mid-morning which made everything look much more beautiful, lots of rolling green hills but the village is also near the seaside. The sunny day also lifted our spirits and made it seem a little less crap

It was a simple and sweet service, closed casket for the obvious reasons. I think we all shed tears during the service, its difficult to think of the vibrant human that you spoke to only 1.5weeks ago was lying in the coffin in front of you. Throwing the dirt into the hole in the earth was harder, you look down at the coffin and think 'so that's it then' - I suppose it helps you move on. The family were remarkably held together, his father and wife made brief but moving speeches.

In other news, I might have a place to move into if the meeting organised for Monday goes well. It's in the Maida Vale area and a flat in an ex-council block but it is more clean than where we are at the moment. The block is on the main road but the windows seem to shut out a fair amount of traffic noise, not looking forward to summer when all windows need to be open though! Will invest in a fan or something.

The place seems smaller than the current place but it's neat and put together. I spoke to the landlord and he seems like a nice enough person, we had a chat and organised the meeting for Monday evening with the other tenants (we'll all move in at the same time). I met the previous flatmate when looking through the flat, she says that he is very good with fixing things etc so that bodes well. So of course this all has driven me to look at various catalogues for accessories, much needed household items (hehe) and colour schemes - so sad. I probably won't buy much however, need to watch the wallet from now on, but looking is just as good as buying sometimes. I wish I had my own house to decorate and kit up!!!!

No comments: