Sunday, 12 August 2007

Reading, Berks

Big shout out to Shug who showed me around my old stomping ground today. Shug is my longest (oldest?) pen pal ever, we started writing to each other after I left the UK when I was about 12 and kept up communication as much as possible throughout the years. In fact, of all my old penpals, she is the only one I still speak to. I was quite excited about seeing her when I came to the UK because she hates photos of herself and so didn't have many to send me in all this time! She's grown up to be quite a cool chick, well....as have I ;)

Reading has certainly changed since the time lived there (more than 15 years ago) and I don't really recognise the bustling modern town it is now - times have changed! My memory is hazy at best anyway so who knows what it was really like before. We did a spot of shopping as well and I even managed to score myself a cute pair of hoop earrings, to replace the one I lost in Dubrovnik. w00t w00t

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ola,

'Tis I! Like the blog!

Glad Reading wasn't so disappointing, (despite the kamikaze fly in your drink). Next time you come down, I'll try and think of something to do, I dunno, feed the swans or something....

You do realise that as of this time next year, we will have known each other for TWENTY YEARS!!!! I was in Mr. Saunders' class, you were in Mrs. Dibaba's. Man, do I feel old!

Work those earrings!

Love,

Shug - one of your oldest and wrinkliest friends ;)

niffs said...

Welcome my friend!!

I remember the swans, they're scary man. Last time I was there, I think one chased me for food which freaked me out. Hungry swan = scary swan

ps I remember Mr.Saunders. I won the easter egg comp once and he was so sweet about it, such a nice man.