Saturday, 15 December 2007

Kaiser Chiefs @ Earls Court

After the disappointment of not getting The Killers tiks, I jumped at the chance to get to see these guys and have had these tiks for months now. B, L & I planned to check them out but first..... a lovely dinner of cheapo-goodo Thai, love my Thai food.

Although I was feeling dreadful due to being mid-cold, I'm so glad I decided to go in the end. I'd not been in the Earls Court to see a concert before and not sure I'm impressed with it as a venue either. The seating and surrounds looks a bit rough and faded inside, although the outside looks a bit more modernised. I think the acoustics are a bit dodge too but the Chiefs were really fab live.

They started with some goodies and before I knew it, my favourite came on...Everyday I Love You Less And Less.

Ruby
got the masses moving and of course I Predict A Riot is *THE* song to get the masses jumping up and down, us laydeez joined in of course. I also really like The Angry Mob, the final chorus was great fun to shout/sing out:

"We are the angry mob
We read the papers everyday day
We like who like
We hate who we hate
But we're also easily swayed"

We were disappointed when they went off the stage and Oh My God didn't happen but never to disappoint, they came out for an encore and did a fantastic version that rocked the whole place!

Getting out of the venue was a pain, they herded us in the driveway area for ages and so we couldn't actually get to the tube station (which was right opposite the venue) - crowd control? Situation got a bit tiresome and so the boys in the crowd started singing I Predict A Riot and the chorus of The Angry Mob - hehe, not a bad attempt at being cheeky after the many beers they must have had.

Overall, I had a fab time and the Kaiser Chiefs are a great band to see live. I don't think the singing and shouting did my already sore throat any good, but how often do you get chances like this? :D

-------------------------------------------
Listening to: Everday I love you less and less by Kaiser Chiefs

No comments: