We mainly played catch-up of each of our lives since we left school, and how the others were doing. The conversation at the dinner table got me thinking about the things that have changed in the time since we left school. My life is totally different to how I imagined it would be, and it became somewhat comical that whenever we spoke of 'oh what about X, do you still speak to them?', the answer tended to be 'she's now married'.
So, in celebration of enduring and everlasting friendships, I post this picture taken less than 6 months ago:
My frequent exclamation to B is " Gerrof !!"
This picture pretty much sums up the relationship that B and I have had, since our first meeting in Year 8 of high school. She scared the poor, lost pommie schoolgirl (me) into sitting with her at lunchtime and the assault of hugs, kisses and PDA began...
Now for someone who wasn't used to and didn't really like this kind of stuff, it scared the crap out of me. I think I sometimes stood very still, waiting for it to stop ;) But she eventually thawed my cold, cold heart and our friendship flourished throughout the years. I even like to assault people with such PDA now, especially if they're scared rigid at the thought of it!
To recap, we went to the same school, the same uni and did the same course, and then decided to tackle the UK at about the same time but for different reasons. We even managed to survive a stint of living together... how about that!?! In celebration of our love and many years together, she got me High School Musical stickers and I gave her nothing... I wanted diamonds :(
3 comments:
huh, your post made me cry.
CRY AT WORK.
:-)
xx
Babs
Aww ;)
You must have raging PMS to admit to such soppiness :P
Awwww... wot a beaaauuuttiiiful story.....
Post a Comment