Now a post about something that I've been doing recently for fun, p.s. hola after so long.
I've always wanted to learn how to make pretty jewellery (mainly dangly crystal earrings that I'm fond of) but to my exact specifications and I took the opportunity when some girls at work decided to start a short-lived but interesting 'craft club'. Now when I finally decide I want to do something, I research obsessively and so many hours were spent reading up on tools/techniques and buying up supplies and possibly half a Swarovski crystal warehouse. These supplies included a cutie jewellery plier set that were perfectly sized for my ikkle hands!
I decided to make some earrings for B's wedding and to make that my first 'big' project, many cheap crystals and supplies were tested in order to perfect the loops and cuttings to make those pretty dangly earrings. I trawled online stores and Ebay looking for the perfect 'findings'.. which are the components that make up the earrings. Before starting on the final sets of earrings, I also decided to practise my work by making simple necklace and earring sets for each of the girls who attended the Hen's night, as part of the goodie bag - I think they likey.
Finally I managed to make three different pairs that could possibly be used. I wore one pair as I used crystals that complemented the bridesmaid outfits and the other pairs were worn in the events leading up to the wedding. No photos though but I took some photos of some of my early pieces and some jewellery sets that I made for my flatmates in accordance to their favourite colours :)
Until next time amigos.
Sunday, 3 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment