Saturday, 28 April 2007

Tooting

I was feeling a little homesick and it was a gorgeous day so I decided to take a trip down to Tooting (all the way at one end of the Northern line, yikes!). I decided against going to the E.London suburbs as I'd be a bit more 'anon' in Tooting and could wander at leisure...its definitely a different vibe to central London and with a mix of Caribbean & Asian culture and shops.

I went to a big vegetable market/shop and got an assortment of tomatoes, potatoes, onions and garlic for less than 2 quid, 2 quid!!! That's what I love about these shops, they're a bit rough & ready but you can get 'real' veges at such cheap prices, instead of the Tesco generics. I also bought a bag of proper curry leaves & little chillies from a SL grocer. I plan to freeze most of sprigs of curry leaves for when I get a curry fix - darn leaves are impossible to find in central London!

Then I went wandering through s'more SL grocery shops and kinda went mad getting snacks that I haven't had in ages. I got me some vegetable rolls, a few gigantic malu buns, chilli cashews andddddddddd extra spicy mixture (omg real mixture!). I haven't had malu buns in over a year, its a soft doughy bun with a spicy fish curry mix inside - YUM. On the way back home, I was even wishing for an empty tube carriage so I can eat everything straight away, soooooooooooo bad :D Feel stuffed now....

No comments: